All test candidates will take the DLOSCE at a testing center operated by Prometric, an official vendor of the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and the Department of Testing Services (DTS). Follow these steps to schedule your exam.
- Create or manage your personal identification number (DENTPINⓇ). First-time test takers must have a DENTPIN to apply for the DLOSCE and complete all steps related to the exam. Use the link below to set up your new DENTPIN.
- Read the DLOSCE Candidate Guide, with special focus on eligibility requirements, rules of conduct, examination regulations, and the testing center procedures.
- Review the DLOSCE consent form, which contains important terms you should know.
- Read the arbitration agreement, which explains how potential disputes relating to the DLOSCE can be resolved.
- After you’ve read the guide and supporting documents, you’re ready to send your application to the JCNDE. Before applying, please note:
- Exam fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. There are no exceptions. Your credit or debit card will be charged when you submit your application.
- The name on your IDs must match exactly the name on your application or you will be denied admission to the test. If you are denied admission, you will need to submit a new application and your previous fee will be forfeited.
- For students who are enrolled in a dental school that is not accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), please download and review the DLOSCE Certificate of Eligibility (PDF).
- After your application is reviewed, you will receive an eligibility email from the JCNDE, confirming that you are ready to schedule your exam and outlining the next steps for scheduling your test. If you don’t receive this email, please check your spam folder before contacting the JCNDE.
- Contact Prometric to choose your exam date. Your appointment should be scheduled 60 to 90 days before your desired test date. On the left-hand side of the page, select “Schedule,” then supply your preferred state to find the closest test center. Enter your DENTPIN as your eligibility ID. Then choose the DLOSCE option.
Note that If you have already applied for or taken another dental exam, you may already have a DENTPIN. Log in here to retrieve or modify information linked to your DENTPIN (such as your name).
View the guide (PDF)
View the consent form (PDF)