All candidates will take the NBDHE at a testing center operated by Pearson VUE, an official vendor of the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and the Department of Testing Services (DTS). Follow these steps to schedule your examination.
- Create or manage your personal identification number (DENTPINⓇ). First-time test takers must have a DENTPIN to apply for the NBDHE and complete all steps related to the examination. Use the link below to set up your DENTPIN.
- Review the NBDHE Candidate Guide, with special focus on eligibility requirements, rules of conduct, examination regulations, and the testing center procedures.
- Submit your test application to the JCNDE. Your eligibility to apply must be confirmed by your dental hygiene program director. Alternatively, you may submit proof of graduation from an approved dental hygiene education program.
Note that If you have already applied for or taken a different national board dental examination, you may already have a DENTPIN. Log in here to retrieve or edit information linked to your DENTPIN (such as your name).
View the guide (PDF)
- Exam fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. There are no exceptions. Your credit or debit card will be charged when you submit your application.
- The name on your IDs must match exactly the name on your application or you will be denied admission to the test. If you are denied admission, you will need to submit a new application and your previous fee will be forfeited.