This test day checklist is a useful resource as you prepare for your examination. It was created as a summary of the most frequent issues that create complications for examinees on the day of testing. The Department of Testing Services (DTS) encourages you to read the entire guidebook for the test you are taking and to call the DTS at 800.232.1694 with any questions.
- I am bringing two original, current (not expired) forms of identification (ID) to the testing center: one government-issued ID, with my photograph and signature (e.g., driver’s license or passport) and one ID with my signature (e.g., Social Security card, credit card, debit card or library card).
- The name on my application matches my IDs exactly. I will contact the DTS if there is any possibility of a mismatch. Examples of names that do NOT match: Joseph Anthony Smith and J. Anthony Smith, Joseph A. Smith, or Joseph Anthony Smith-Johnson.
- I will leave all non-essential items at home.
- I will store all personal items – cell phone, food, candy, beverages, pens, pencils, lip balm, wallets, keys, jackets, etc. – in the assigned locker at the testing center. I understand that I may not access these items during testing or an unscheduled break.
- I will double-check my pockets to ensure they are empty before I sign in to test.
- I will follow the instructions of the test administrator and the rules of the testing center.
- I know what to do if I encounter a problem at the testing center. If I experience a problem with testing conditions, I must notify the test administrator immediately.
- I have made arrangements for my ride or to notify my family or friends after I complete my test and have signed out of the test center. I will not use my cell phone or other electronic devices in the test center or during my testing session.
Download the checklist (PDF)